Wednesday 30 July 2014

Probably not a haunted playground...

Tuesday 29/07 - Afternoon update!

I rode hard all day and caught up to Max and the lads late afternoon at Trabzon, North Turkey. They were in convoy with another team and seemed in good spirits with no issues so far!
We hunted out of town for somewhere to camp and I found a derelict school playground which looked clean-ish and dry.



After a quick expedition meal and a can of beer from the other teams, I went to bed exhausted and fell asleep quickly. A hard decision was made; Captain Scarlett, my faithful co-pilot and navigator, has been given to the lads for safekeeping. As much as the dog is a great talking point, people constantly waving me down to take photos is hindering progress. Fingers crossed the lads will take good care of the dog!
Although the lads were pleasant, I got the feeling they would rather not have a Dad hanging round, so I will be making an early start in the morning and will find some other teams at the Georgia border.

Currently I'm filthy, hungry and not looking forward to the border crossing as I've heard stories from other Rally teams that there can be between 5 - 10 hours of paperwork to complete.
Once in Georgia I have a full on dash to Russia, as other teams are reporting an unpleasant reception in Georgia and Southern Russia - not sure why, but moving quickly through seems sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment