Tuesday 22 July 2014

"The dreaded blue sheen of spilt diesel"

My good start from Mutterstadt was only slightly dampened by the slight drizzle, but that soon cleared up and just left me with damp roads. I headed out to the motorway and achieved my first memorable moment! A wet slip-road narrowed and I saw the dreaded blue sheen of spilt diesel. I got the bike up from the turn but was headed for the grass bank. I lost it when I hit the wet grass.
Thankfully it was the gentle embrace of the first off, but let me fairly unhappy and soggy on the grass verge. Worst still was getting a fully loaded bike back upright.

The rest of the day turned out better than expected; I bashed down motorways to visit Hockenheim and the Nurburgring circuits, unfortunately they were running car and bikes in the same session at the ring, so I thought to better to live for another day.

The party!

Late afternoon brought me to Klenová Castle in Czech and I quickly found the old military base where the party was to happen. I even found Max and the lads with the car in good order!
The party was fantastic, with an old amusement park theme, live music, ghoulish bar maids and live stage shows. Of course, the lads made good progress through all of my Krona!



Late in the day Ko Lee, Jeff and Mike showed up on their bikes. The three Irish bikes (Lock, Stock & 3 Smokin Hondas) are still in Ashford waiting for engine parts.
I spent a difficult evening drinking, partying and getting to know different teams, before I went to bed in the early hours of the morning with the drum&bass still playing (oddly enough it was the music ending at 4:30am that woke me up!).

No comments:

Post a Comment