Tuesday 5 August 2014

Time to Plan (updated)

Monday (05/08)

Still in Atyrau at my hotel room; I've caught up on some sleep, but I'm still in loads of pain because of my back and hand.
Today I hope to visit a Hospital and get some x-rays on my hand and general paperwork to declare that Yes I was in a crash - that way I might be able to wave the paperwork and import tax if I dump my bike here.

Currently Plan B involves getting a train or plane if I can overcome the aforementioned paperwork issue - normally they wont let you leave if you arrived on a bike so I can't just ditch it!

Plan C is to go North with the Scamp boys and get into Russia, then take the top motorway across to Mongolia and Ulan Bator.

After I see the x-rays of my hand I can decide if it's possible. It's a long ride, maybe another 7,000 miles and two weeks.

My big adventure has become a little challenging, but I hope that with a little help from home and other teams, I'll soon be moving again.

-

So a nice girl from the hotel took me to the Hospital (more of a clinic), where they emptied my wallet before letting me see a doctor.


My right thumb is busted at the base, but the real issues is the blow I took to my left kidney. It liberated a stone I did not know I had, which is now blocking the outlet.

They wanted to operate on me today, but I declined and am now back at the hotel in plaster and with pain killers.

Hopefully my wife will come up with a plan to get me out of here quickly.

4 comments:

  1. oh dear. so sorry to hear you have come to a sticky end on this adventure. I hope your travel insurance covers everything you need repatriation. Angie/Scarlet? Is there anything I can do ? If so, you just need to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer Karen, we'll let you know if we do!

      Delete
  2. Hang in there Phil - If there is anything you need from here I,m sure we can sort it --- Wishing you a safe and fast return - You have done amazingly so far !!! -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there mate, sounds like an epic adventure.

    ReplyDelete